At Priory Woods MFL is taught as part of the ‘Knowledge and Understanding of the World’ and is delivered through cross curricular topics. The learning of a Modern Foreign Language provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for the pupils and raises awareness of the multilingual and multicultural world by giving them an insight into their own culture and those of others.
At Priory Woods we aim to offer students opportunities to;
- learn another language in an enjoyable, fun and meaningful way by introducing children to simple vocabulary and structures which can be used in a variety of contexts in the normal school day, e.g. greetings, numbers, names, date, songs, classroom instructions.
- Raise awareness that languages other than English exist in our world.
- Stimulate and encourage their curiosity about language and how it works.
- Develop positive attitudes to other languages and cultures.
- Develop speaking and listening skills as well as confident.